Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Going! Going! Gone!

Now that Kaavya Viswanathan's book has been withdrawn from bookstores, I foresee a mad scramble to find any copies that happen to be lying around. Usually happens, in such cases. You know, that whole demand-supply thing.

So the point is, I have a copy of the book with me, bought in the days before the scandal washed up in the fond hope that no matter how cliched the cover looked, it wouldn't quite be rehashed Princess Diaries. But now, I am glad I did, for I wish to make my fortune. So I hereby announce the intention of selling/renting/auctioning the book to the highest bidder.

You know where to get in touch. Ok, pip-pip.

Oh, and yes, will you please return said copy? I can already hear them beating a path to this door.

8 Comments:

At May 03, 2006 10:52 PM, Blogger Tridib said...

hey, why do i need to read kaavya, when i can as well read mcafferty, or whoever she photocopied from ;-)

 
At May 04, 2006 11:33 AM, Blogger Ron said...

What price does bidding open at? du taka?? hyuk hyuk!!!

 
At May 04, 2006 8:08 PM, Blogger ... said...

how much are you selling it for?..show me an offer....thx...

 
At May 04, 2006 10:33 PM, Blogger Nautilus said...

Hey I have a copy too, in case anyone's interested! May be I should put it up in Ebay :-)

 
At May 05, 2006 10:27 AM, Blogger Lahar said...

Nice business model you seem to have. I own a copy too (bought for my wife, of course), and the little I read seemed rather decent, plagiarized or not. Maybe we're all being too harsh on poor Kaavya.

 
At May 05, 2006 2:00 PM, Blogger The Marauder's Map said...

Tridib: Go read the whole bloody lot of them, for all I care! Read Princess Diaries too, while you're at it. And oh, a couple of Georgette Heyers would also not be amiss.

Ron: You are not taking this seriously, looks like! Wait till I make pots of money, have own business empire and hire you to do PR. Hyuk hyuk

Raghu: The auction date has yet to be fixed. Watch this space.

Nautilus: Now you're plagiarising my idea! not fair

Lahar: I don't know about too harsh. It's seemed to me too that the relish with which people have gone after her is a bit overdone, but I can't accept what she's done either.

 
At May 08, 2006 12:38 AM, Blogger 4wD said...

i dont get why everyone suddenly hates her. she's cute, i say. I'll buy you book.

 
At April 26, 2007 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home