Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Silly pic

I've been tagged for that silly pig thing by Kung Fu Master (among other things) Samit Basu. I've hitherto been photonymous on this blog, but do not see why I should remain so. I mean, I'm not exactly writing the diary of a London call girl or anything even remotely scurrilous (interesting) here. So here goes:





Time: June 2005

Place: Royal Selangor Pewter factory, somewhere outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Why: Don't ask me. Possibly to save self from passing out out of sheer boredom after being taken through entire pewter factory and having to feign interest in dainty little ladies fashioning dainty little cufflinks out of (just imagine!) pewter. (My only brush with pewter till then had been the fact that Hogwarts students use pewter cauldrons in their first year, a fact that the savvy Royal Selangor guys were aware of since it was up with a bunch of other trivia about this wonder metal or alloy or whatever on a wall.)

What I would change about it: Photoshop the paunch.

And I tag: Ron, Our resident Poet, Rimi, Priya, The Cowlick and Lahar.

10 Comments:

At September 05, 2006 10:55 PM, Blogger Jabberwock said...

Excellent! This makes me wish I had the soft-copy of a photo of myself sitting on a giant statue of the Loch Ness monster in Scotland a couple of years ago.

 
At September 06, 2006 2:33 PM, Blogger Ron said...

I think Im going to ignore the tag. Love your picture but, especially the fact that you are trying your best to strike a post in a giant cup handle. Thats the spirit ma gurl!!

 
At September 06, 2006 3:22 PM, Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Mug-shot, eh? Or mug in a mug?

Much reassured by the muffin-top (though strictly speaking, that refers to the bulge over low-rise pants)

Btw, Arnab tagged me on this. I fear he may be disappointed by the response!

J.A.P.

 
At September 06, 2006 5:19 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Hellooo, you want the world to know just how silly I am? You evil bitch, you:P No budday gifts for you, go!

 
At September 07, 2006 6:00 AM, Blogger the cowlick said...

I might just ignore this tag as well.. Besides, I don't have any silly pics. I destroy them before they fall into someone else's hands. *evil laugh*

 
At September 07, 2006 3:04 PM, Blogger Lahar said...

"I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request"

Quote attributed, at various times, to Captain Barbossa and whatshername (played by Kiera Knightley), "Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl", 2004.

Or maybe I'll find some old pic of mine. I have a stunning one of me with a canary yellow jersey (Brazil colors) in a dark alley in Baku. Holding a tin of fresh, illegal caviar. Watch this space for updates.

 
At September 07, 2006 4:12 PM, Blogger The Marauder's Map said...

Excellent. Four of the six people I have tagged have refused already. Please continue to treat me like a princess, people.

 
At September 07, 2006 7:42 PM, Blogger Lahar said...

Stop complaining. At least you're getting lots of comments.

Besides, I'm a technological Have-Not. I don't know how to post a pic. *excuses, excuses...*

 
At September 08, 2006 6:34 AM, Blogger the cowlick said...

Well, you're a sport.. and we're not. zimble!

 
At September 08, 2006 6:56 PM, Blogger Rimi said...

I would've sweetie, but I haven't a picture of mine on my comp. I'm terribly camera-shy. No, really.

But I agree that everyone ELSE is being very rude and insensitive and wotnot. Refusing to post pictures after you so nicely asked them to. Tsk. Dreadful, I call it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home